Friday 14 October 2011

What are you up to?

I have no time for posting so I don’t know what I think I’m doing here!




The builders have been in making alterations to our garden. The plan was pretty much made when we moved in, but it has only just reached the top of the list of ‘things to do when we’ve saved some cash’. They started two weeks ago and have now done their bit of it though we await the delivery of some iron railings to replace the wall, and a greenhouse, which Husband is going to put up… I am thinking of, but not rushing into, planting plans. Part of me thinks it would be nice to have a flat piece of grass: the whole garden slopes down to the house; it’s not a major slope as we had in a quarter once, but nevertheless it presents challenges. There’ll be plants to move and places to beautify even if we do go for lawn.

And look what I’ve made!


Very pleased with this revived chair: it is functional rather than beautiful, but always useful to have an extra chair to hand and it will sit happily in our bedroom draped with clothes in the meantime.
I hosted the village coffee morning on Wednesday (mentioned last week). It provides a vital push to make me clean and tidy the house (or at least the bits that show) and we’ve got visitors for Sunday lunch too so it needed doing.
Produce from the plot is slowing down, but the apples on our tree are still coming down faster than we can pick them, never mind use them: I really must make some chutney!
And half-term starts tonight for the girls; Husband has to wait another week.


4 comments:

Gill said...

What a lovely chair, way too attractive to be an "emergency chair" in the bedroom (thanks, Peter Kay ;-) What's the next upholstery project going to be?

Your garden photos remind me that it's supposed to be a good time to be planting and that's exactly what I ought to be doing - but no doubt I'll leave it till it's throwing it down with rain and freezing cold. ho hum.

Crayon said...

Oooh, so jealous of your new garden! Don't you enjoy just standing out there and gazing at it, imagining the possibilities? Enjoy half-term!

A Time for Stitching said...

How lucky you are to have a blank canvass of a garden to plan. I hope you have fun with it.
Well done with the chair - the new cover has completely changed its look from functional to nice-to-look-at too.
Teresa x

hausfrau said...

Thank-you all for your kind comments! we are still thinking about what to plant, but I shall look forward to showing you the results.
And the next upholstery project is just waiting for a post.